Monday, August 31, 2009
Friday, August 28, 2009
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Monday, August 24, 2009
Are you interested in improving your performance in the gym? Do you want a better Fran time? Increase your max rep pull-ups? Push-ups? Shed some time off your 1-mile run or 2000m row? Or get that 1 ½ body weight dead lift?
CFSCC will be having a Zone Paleo challenge. This is an opportunity to apply nutritional principals to your crossfit. Why Zone? Why Paleo Zone? Because it works! You will see a decrease in body fat and an increase in lean muscle. You’ll notice increased energy levels and improved recovery. You will notice an increase in your athletic performance. You will simply… feel great!
- Eat Zone or Paleo Zone (your choice) for three months. Keep following the Eat This blog for helpful information on getting started.
- Keep a daily food log. Include everything (even slip-ups)… it happens!
- Cost: $20.00 to be put into a “kitty” for the winner.
- Two before pictures (taken at the gym). Why? It’s motivation! Pictures tell it all. Remember, this is NOT about pounds lost… it’s about changing your body composition & getting lean! Your privacy will be completely respected! Photos will be a front view and a back view. Men in shorts. Women in sports bra and shorts. Pictures to be taken between Aug. 25-Sept. 01.
- Benchmark workouts. Know your stats! Within the last month, you’ll need 1 board workout (we’ve recently done Jackie, Filthy Fifty, The Chief), a run or row time, a max effort, and a 1-rep max lift (we just did back squats). These benchmark workouts will be ran again close to the end of the challenge.
- Two after pictures. These will be taken Nov. 23 & 24 (same poses, same place, same type clothing).
- CFSCC trainers, and myself will pick the top people who have had the most change in body composition, as well as the largest gains in their benchmark performances.
- Winner gets entire kitty, plus a CFSCC t-shirt, to boot!
Are you up for the challenge? Sign up now in the gym!
Now.... Here's a quick and tasty appetizer that my cousin, Paul made while he was visiting!
Bacon wrapped scallops!
Wrap scallops in a piece of bacon, secure with a toothpic. In a non-stick pan, on med. hi heat, cook scallop on all sides until bacon is browned (scallops cook quick, just get the bacon cooked). We had two scallops each for about 1 block fat & protein. I had a 4oz glass of white wine to balance it out! :) Thanks, Paul!
Friday, August 21, 2009
I finally used the Zucchini I got from a friend with a garden (thanks, Narine)! I highly recommend finding a friend with a garden! Home grown veggies are the best!!!
Thursday, August 20, 2009
I needed an easy and quick dinner tonight. This fit the bill perfectly!!
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Friday, August 14, 2009
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Monday, August 10, 2009
Friday, August 7, 2009
This is one of the advantages of living in Santa Cruz! So, I spent the day at the beach with the kids, and I just didn't feel like cooking. We drove out to the wharf and picked up dinner to-go at the fish market...