Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Chicken Coconut Curry Soup

This really took very little work. I laterally threw this in the crock pot and ran out the door this morning... not quite sure what to expect when I got back home this evening! But it worked! I really liked it! And the kids ate it! Scott... well, he's just not a curry fan.
Recipe:
3 skinless boneless chicken breasts
1 14-oz can light coconut milk
32 oz chicken broth- low sodium
1 T curry
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. black pepper

I threw all the ingredients (even the whole chicken breasts) in the crock pot and cooked on low ALL day (about 9 hours)! When I got home, I shredded the chicken breasts (using two forks... they pulled apart so easily). I sprinkled a little chopped fresh parsley over the top right before serving.
That's it! Super EASY... So if you know you're having "one-of-those days" where time is "not on your side".... I highly recommend this!! Hope you enjoy! :-)

6 comments:

Shay said...

Yet again you amaze me with your recipes, Kelly! I'm going to try this the next time I need a low-effort meal at the ready after a long day!

Tyler Weir said...

Curry powder, or curry paste?

Thanks.

Kelly Greco said...

Thanks, Shay! :-)
Tyler, I used curry powder. It has a bit of a kick to it! I had some more for lunch today.

123 123 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tyler Weir said...

This has to be the best work:deliciousness ratio for a meal ever.

It took next to no effort and the result was amazing.

I eyeballed the garlic and curry powder, and put too much garlic and not enough curry.

Great recipe.

Trixie said...

Would this be about 3 servings?


CrossFit Santa Cruz Central