Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Chicken Salad on Wheat Free Crust


I got this great recipe idea from my friend, Neile, who got the idea from Marks Daily Apple. I think I got the recipe all mixed up, but it still tasted great and is just a fabulous lunch idea! I get requests for lunches a lot, but I just don't post much. I typically eat my dinner leftovers for lunch. But this could be made up ahead of time as a snack option or when you just don't have the leftovers! Ok... the wheat free crust was fantastic (albeit a little pricey). It is available at Whole Foods and New Leaf Markets for about $4.50 for a package of two crusts. I highly recommend it though. I thought it could even be broken up in pieces and eaten like crackers?! Kind of fun and different. Hope you enjoy! :-)

Chicken Salad Recipe:

12.5 oz can chicken breast chunks, packed in water
1 avocado
1 small apple, diced
1/2 C slivered almonds
1/4 red onion, diced
1 T lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
pepper and sea salt to taste (optional)

Drain chicken breast. Put in a bowl and with a fork mash avocado and chicken chunks together.
Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Spread over the top of the wheat free crust and enjoy! Very filling and very tasty! A lot of flexibility with the ingredients! I think Neile actually used grapes (cut in half) instead of apples and she used walnuts instead of almonds! Just like a good Crossfit wod, modifications can always be made!!! :-)

** PALEO CHALLENGERS! I can NOT believe it, but next week is the last week of the challenge! Make arrangements during your crossfit classes to do your benchmark wods! These will easily be ran for you upon your request! Also, make arrangements to get your final photo taken with me. I'll have my camera handy! :-))

No comments:


CrossFit Santa Cruz Central