Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Review...

I have posted this once before, but I still get a lot of questions on this so I thought it was worthy of re-posting. One of the most common mistakes of Zoner's is that they are not subtracting out the dietary fiber from the total carbohydrates. For example: on the above label, the total carbs are 22grams. However, the dietary fiber is 9grams. Therefore, your total carbs per serving for this food would be 13 grams of carbs (roughly 2 blocks carbs). We do this because dietary fiber does not enter your bloodstream and therefore does not effect your insulin levels. This is a very common mistake that can make a difference in your portion sizes of certain foods. Post thoughts to comments.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So. . . would this explain why the last time I was on the zone I was always lightheaded and my body eventually crapped out on me?


CrossFit Santa Cruz Central