Thursday, February 25, 2010

Roasted Turkey Breast with Golden Beets & Japanese Yams

I was exhausted after today's CrossFit Wod with all that running!!! I really just wanted to come home and go to bed! BUT.... I have a family who likes to eat, and it was a big homework night for the kids. So my solution was an easy, don't have to think too hard, but will still be tasty and nutritious dinner! And I am so hooked on golden beets lately! They are just delicious!
This was super easy to make, just allow for the cooking time! (about 1 1/2-2 hours). While it was in the oven, I worked on my book report (errrr, I mean my SON worked on HIS book report).... I hope we get an A+++
(I'm just kidding all my teacher friends out there) :-)

Ingredients:
about 2 lbs. turkey breast
garlic
oregano
poultry seasoning
black pepper
course celtic grey salt
1 tsp. olive oil
3/4 C chicken broth (low sodium)
2-3 golden beets
1 small Japanese yam

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Season turkey breast with olive oil, garlic powder, dried oregano, poultry seasoning and black pepper (and a little course sea salt, if desired). Place in baking dish. Pour chicken broth in pan as well. Put in oven for about 45-50 minutes. Meanwhile, peal and quarter golden beets and Japanese yams. After the turkey breast has been cooking for the 45-50 minutes, add the quartered veggies around the turkey breast and finish cooking for another 40 minutes (or until turkey reaches that internal temperature of 175 degrees).
Slice turkey and serve with veggies. We also enjoyed this with steamed artichokes! YUM.
This meal (about 4oz. turkey) was only a 3 block Paleo meal!
Hope you enjoy!

*Paleo-Zone 3 Month Challenge!!!
Sign-ups are this Sunday at 12:30!
We will take the "before" pictures, so come prepared! Ladies... Jog bra and shorts; Men... shorts! This is not optional!
Cost is 20.00.
See you Sunday! :-)
email Kelly with questions: skgreco@comcast.net

No comments:


CrossFit Santa Cruz Central