Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Orange & Rosemary London Broil





"Zesty & Rosy" sums up my mood today... So this dinner was very appropriate!
Tonight was my celebratory "muscle-up meal"!!!

Recipe:
1.5 ~ 2 lb. London Broil (top round steak)
Zest from one orange
1 tsp. black pepper
2 T chopped fresh rosemary
1 tsp. garlic powder
4-5 cloves garlic
2 tsp. olive oil
1/4 C Port wine

OH! and 4 oz glass Cabernet Sauvignon... cheers!

Cut about 4-5 small slits in London broil and insert garlic cloves. Mix orange zest, pepper, rosemary, and garlic powder. It will be slightly paste-like. Spread over the London broil. Heat olive oil in a cast iron pan. Brown London broil for about 3-4 minutes on each side, searing the orange/rosemary seasoning to the meat. Place in Crock pot, pour 1/4 C port over meat, and cook on low for about 3-4 hours.

Saute 1/4 sliced onion with some olive oil. Add 2 zucchini, sliced thin, and a splash of chicken broth (low sodium). Cover and simmer until zucchini are tender.

Spray a baking pan with olive oil spray, and bake sliced sweet potatoes in 400 degree oven for 45 minutes. Sprinkle first with some ground pepper, garlic powder, and celtic grey salt (optional).

Hope you enjoy!
And... I hope you ALL accomplish your CrossFit goals & dreams this year! :-)



6 comments:

neile said...

Wow, this looks GOOD! Congratulations again, Kelly!!!! You worked SO hard for those muscle ups. We're so happy for you!!!!

Unknown said...

Kelly, I hope you actually had *two* 4-ounce glasses of wine tonight. You deserve it!

Unknown said...

CONGRATS on the MU Kelly. I'm so bummed I wasn't there to scream like crazy and do funny hip things while watching you get it. You never cease to amaze us!

rowena said...

Kelly! Congrats! You must be on such a high. I know how bad you have been wanting that M-up! Way to keep your eye on the prize and work persistently on putting those pieces together. Whoohoo! :)

meems said...

I wish I had been there to see Annie's funny hip things.

Sarah said...

Kelly, congratulations on your muscle up!!!! I am so happy for you! Wish I could have been there to celebrate with you!!!! Good Job!!!


CrossFit Santa Cruz Central