Monday, February 7, 2011

Paleo Italian Wedding Soup


This was a loooonng Monday. It was sure nice to come home and enjoy a comforting meal... so calming and soothing! I highly recommend this Paleo twist on an Italian classic. It was quick, easy, comforting and delicious. A perfect finish to a hectic day!

Ingredients:
1 lb. grass-fed ground beef
2 eggs, slightly beaten
4 T almond meal
1 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. black pepper
6 C chicken broth
2 C fresh baby spinach
1 C cauliflower (*riced cauliflower)
1 C sliced carrots

In a medium bowl, combine the ground beef, eggs, almond meal and spices... mix well. Form into small meatballs and set aside. In a large pot, heat broth to boiling. Stir in spinach leaves, carrots, cauliflower rice and meatballs. Cook at a slow low boil for about 15-20 minutes. Ladle into soup bowls and enjoy!

*Cauliflower rice: chop cauliflower into pieces and put through a food processor and shred for a rice-like consistency. I riced a whole head of cauliflower. The leftovers I put in a freezer bag for another time. It freezes great and is easy to thaw!

3 comments:

scooter said...

Hi-just wanted to say thanks for your blog - I've been lurking and trying recipes for a while. They have been delicious and a lot of fun, along with giving me new ideas. And this one looks fantastic - I love soup. And meatballs.

Anonymous said...

YUMMMMMM - Kelly this one looks so good. They all look good, but it's chilly outside so this soup is calling to me. xoxo

Kelly Greco said...

Thanks Scooter! I was really happy with the outcome of this soup! I hope you enjoy it, too. I had leftovers for lunch today, and I think it was even better!
Thanks for the great comments! :-)
Kim, it IS chilly outside... hope this warms ya up!!!


CrossFit Santa Cruz Central