Monday, October 25, 2010

Paleo Pancakes... Revisited

Sunday morning was the perfect day to wake up to the sound of rain on the roof, a cup of hot fresh brewed coffee, and the smell of nut butter pancakes on the grill! What a special way to spend a Sunday morning.

I actually make these nut butter pancakes a lot. It's a very forgiving recipe if the quantities aren't exact or if you want to change up the flavors a bit. I was in the mood for banana chocolate chip pancakes... paleo-style, of course! Hope you enjoy!

Recipe:
1/2 C nut butter (I used equal parts cashew butter and almond butter)
1 ripe banana
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 C raw organic cocao nibs
dash cinnamon

Combine all ingredients. Mix well. Heat a non-stick griddle pan to 400 degrees. If you don't have one, use a non-stick skillet over med-hi heat (coat with a little coconut oil). Pour the nut butter pancake mix on the grill to form round pancakes. Flip and serve!
You could top with a little fresh berries if desired. If your really lucky you can enjoy these while wearing some comfy pajamas, sipping a hot cup of coffee, listening to the sound of rain outside. Leftover pancakes make great snacks, too! :-)

9 comments:

Trixie said...

Looks great! How many does this recipe make/serve?? Thanks!

AllieNic said...

Those look awesome! I usually use almond flour or coconut flour...I never thought of using nut butter and banana! Thanks for sharing!

Naples Modern said...

I can't wait to try these! We can't use nuts because of an allergy, but I'm going to try them with Sunbutter. Thanks for posting this!

Kelly Greco said...

Trixie... I made 4 good sized pancakes! :-)
Thanks for the comments! Melli, I bet it'll be great with the sunbutter!

Lianne said...

Those look yummy! I have a recipe for paleo cocoa nib cookies, and i can't find these nibs anywhere! I've been using dark chocolate chips. Do you have to order them? Or do you get them at a specialty store? Thanks!

Robin said...

I googled paleo chocolate chip pancakes and found your recipe. I just made them for breakfast and man are they good! Love love love them! I added walnuts and they were fabulous! Thanks so much for the recipe!

Blogger said...

3 Researches REVEAL Why Coconut Oil Kills Belly Fat.

This means that you actually burn fat by eating Coconut Fat (in addition to coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

These 3 studies from big medical magazines are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world upside down!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Canceira De Poio said...

Thanks for sharingg


CrossFit Santa Cruz Central