Thursday, October 14, 2010

Sauteed Spinach, Grilled Sausage & Heirloom Tomatoes


This has been a busy week... I needed another quick dinner! Tonight's dinner was from our Costco shopping trip. Yes... even the organic heirloom tomatoes! Which were absolutely delicious, by the way... and 1/2 the price! Way to go, Costco!

Recipe:
Heat 2 tsp olive oil in a saute pan, and add 1-2 cloves chopped garlic. Add baby spinach to pan and cook down. While the spinach is cooking down, grill sausages. Serve sausage on top of spinach and serve with sliced heirloom tomatoes. Yummy and easy! :-)

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Kelly!

Quick question: what are your thoughts on the whole "you can eat more carbs immediately after a workout" issue?

The reason I ask is that my post-workout guilty(?) pleasure is a Jamba Juice Protein Berry Workout smoothie. I just looked up the nutritional info on Jamba's site and the way I order it (original size + soy boost) works out to 4 blocks of protein, 7.6 blocks of carb(!), and .2 blocks of fat.

I've back on the Zone (with a bit of Paleo slant) for about 3 weeks and am seeing great results. But I'm wondering if I'd do better by dropping the post workout smoothie. Or looking for a different smoothie with less carbs...

Cheers,
Arturo

Unknown said...

Had a chance to discuss with Michele today. I didn't understand that the idea was to eat 50% of your day's carbs within the first 30 minutes post-workout. That does not sound fun, and apparently those in the gym who've tried it did not have good results.

I was hoping it just meant I could cheat a few extra carb blocks post-workout. Oh well...

Arturo


CrossFit Santa Cruz Central