Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Smoked Pulled Pork Over Sauteed Cabbage


I know we all have those kind of crazy evenings when cooking dinner just isn't an option! Whatever the situation may be, it's important to have quick resources on hand to get you through. When I shop at Costco, I always pick up some of their Smoked Pulled Pork (in the refrigerated section) for just such occasions. It's simply made, pure ingredients, totally Paleo, and super tasty! It has saved dinner a number of times! (It can be kept frozen, too) I highly recommend this Paleo kitchen helper...

I served this Costco special with some sauteed cabbage. Again, this took very little time. (It was done by the time the pulled pork was heated and ready to serve).
Cabbage Saute: (I didn't add any additional seasoning to the cabbage because the Pork is SO flavorful)
1 head cabbage
2 tsp. olive oil
1/2 yellow onion, sliced
2 C sliced mushrooms
Heat oil in skillet and saute onions until translucent. Add mushrooms and saute until tender. Now add sliced cabbage... keep tossing and stirring until fully cooked (about 5-8 minutes). Cover with a lid if you want it to cook down faster, too.
Serve cabbage on a plate and top with the pulled pork! An easy 10 minute dinner!
We all could use a little help in the kitchen once in awhile! :-)

4 comments:

Trixie said...

Great idea! The only thing I might worry about is the sodium in the pork. Is it high?

Kelly Greco said...

It is a little high but not as bad as I would have thought. There is 310 mg per 2 oz serving. I also found that a little pork goes a long way! It was helpful to keep the cabbage simple and free from any seasonings as it was a nice way to dilute the strong flavors of the smoked pork.
Thanks Trixie!

Trixie said...

That isn't bad at all! Thanks Kelly..have to try it!

John Frazer said...

I thought it was pretty salty but delicious. Thanks for the recipe -- I'm looking forward to a pulled pork scramble for breakfast!


CrossFit Santa Cruz Central