Monday, February 23, 2009

Log What you Eat!!

It is very important to log what you are eating on the Zone. This is especially true if you are just starting out, however, even veteran "Zoner's " should revisit this method every so often. This does not have to be anything fancy. Keep a notebook handy and simply write down everything you eat. Most people do not realize how many "little" bites they put in their mouth and forget about. Those little bites add up over a day! The other aspect of a Food Log is accountability to yourself (or someone else if that works better for you) to stick to the program. So...if you are using a Food Log, stay with it! If you are not using a Food Log...start!!!

4 comments:

The White Rabbit said...

This is a great idea. I have been slipping up lately and maybe this would help. We should have Zone "buddies". Hahaha. I know it's lame, but I'm much better when I have to answer to someone. Anyway, thanks for this reminder, my log starts tomorrow :) Cheers!

Trixie said...

I have kept off a 60lb weight loss for over 6 years and a food journal has been a huge part. I always plan ahead knowing what I'll be eating the next day. That way,if it's not on my "menu" I don't eat it!

Anonymous said...

Amen Michele. Like Neile, I have been a little loose with my zone lately. I am still maintaining my weight but as you know, weight is just one of the components of zone. Thanks for the reminder.

michele said...

Guys (and Gals), I have a great food log already pre-made that I can send you if you would like it. Just send me your email address and I will send it you you.


CrossFit Santa Cruz Central