Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Grilled Jerk Chicken with Grill Sweet Peppers


Have you noticed it's getting darker earlier? It's really starting to feel like Fall! Right down to all the leaves on my driveway and roof! But I'm not willing to give up the BBQ just yet!
The days are getting shorter, and it seems busier! I am needing week night dinners that are not too labor intensive. I need my sleep! Especially... after all those deadlifts today! I did get a PR today... which is just stronger reinforcement that I'm eating correctly!
Gotta love the pay-off days!

Jerk Chicken:
4 Chicken breasts
1 tsp. olive oil
1/4 C lime juice
Jerk seasoning spice medley (spice quantities are rough estimates... I mixed them until I found a blend I liked):
1 tsp. ground ginger, 2 tsp. ground chipotle chile, 2 tsp. garlic powder, 1 tsp. paprika, 1/2 tsp. allspice, 1 tsp. thyme, 1/2 tsp. nutmeg, 1/2 tsp. black pepper, 1/2 tsp. cumin, 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper, dash cinnamon, and pinch of sea salt! Feel free to adjust to taste preference!

Trim chicken breast from visible fat. Coat with olive oil and rub spice medley over chicken breasts. Place in a ziploc bag and pour lime juice over the top. Marinate for at least 1 hour (2-3 hours would be best). Heat your grill to about medium temperature and cook chicken breasts for about 6-7 minutes on each side, until nicely browned and internal temperature is 170 degrees.

We slice up some sweet peppers in half and grilled those as well. We grilled those for about 10-12 minutes, right along side the chicken!

For an extra side, we sauteed some spinach with 1 tsp. olive oil and 2 cloves chopped garlic.

Hope you enjoy! :-)

No comments:


CrossFit Santa Cruz Central