Thursday, September 23, 2010

Shrimp & Broccoli Stir Fry

A good old shrimp stir fry is such a great stand-by dinner! You can really use whatever vegetables you have on hand! And you can change up the spices to whatever suites your fancy! It doesn't take much time, and it always turns out delicious! I always keep the 2 lb. bag of frozen shrimp handy from Costco. I buy the raw, tail-on, peeled & deveined! This is one of my favorite quick meals.... Hope you enjoy!

Tonight's stir-fry:
Shrimp, (I took out about 20 frozen shrimp and did a quick thaw in warm water)
1/2 yellow onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 C grated carrots
1 C chopped broccoli
3 small red sweet peppers, chopped
1/4 C coconut aminos (soy substitute)
2 tsp. olive oil
dash cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp. black pepper
pinch sea salt (optional)

Heat olive oil in a skillet, and saute shrimp (this is when I added a little cayenne pepper and red pepper flakes). Cook until nicely pink! Set aside. In same pan, heat a little more oil (if necessary) and saute onion and garlic. Add peppers, broccoli and carrots. Add the coconut aminos and cook until vegetables are just tender. Add shrimp back to pan. Season with a little black pepper and sea salt (if desired). Toss well and serve! Enjoy!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool I made something like this last week. only thing I did wrong is add the shrimp a little too early, it made them slightly rubbery.

Anonymous said...

First I've heard of coconut aminos! Where do you find your's??

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for letting us know this broccoli stir fry with Shrimp Stir Fry. I want to cook this one because this recipe looks delicious. I hope I can cook it perfectly so that my kids will eat plenty. Keep on sharing!

Maid Service East Orange said...

Thhank you for sharing this


CrossFit Santa Cruz Central