Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Kid Friendly Zone!

I am always searching for recipes that my kids will eat without complaint...and this was a good one! I made my own coating for the chicken out of 1 piece pita bread, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Coat your chicken with a light layer of crumbs and cook in 1 tsp olive oil over med-high heat. Place 1/2 cup of marinara sauce per serving in a baking dish and place browned chicken on top. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.
Chicken Parmesan- 3 blocks
3 oz chicken (3 blocks protein/ 2 blocks fat from oil)
1/2 cup marinara (1 block carb/ 1 block fat)
2 cups broccoli (2 blocks carbs)
Post thoughts to comments.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummy! Italian dishes are ALWAYS welcome in my house. My kids keep asking..."where is the pasta?" Maybe this will help. Michele, I was wondering how I was going to eat with you on vacation. Thanks for keeping us fed! Enjoy your time with your family!!!

Anonymous said...

This was really good. The pita bread crumb mix was quick, easy and tastey!!

michele said...

Katie-
Glad you liked it! I sprinkle a bit of mozzarella on top for my kids, but that is optional.


CrossFit Santa Cruz Central