Monday, August 18, 2008

Use What You've Got!

I generally make extra protein when I am cooking during the week so that I have quick and easy meals to put together for lunch. I used a little steak and chicken that I had leftover to make this really tasty wrap!
Steak and Chicken Wrap- (2 blocks)
1 whole wheat carb balance tortilla- (1 block carb)
1 oz sliced skirt steak (1 block protein)
1 0z sliced chicken breast (1 block protein)
1/2 green bell pepper (1/4 block carb)
1/2 red bell pepper (1/4 block carb)
1 cup chopped romaine lettuce (1/4 block carb)
1/2 oz shredded cheddar cheese (1 1/2 blocks fat)
Post thoughts to comments.

3 comments:

LW said...

I know Dr. Sears considers coffee a no-no. However, I am not ready to swear off of it. Any advice on how to manage it as a "moderated" part of my diet? Also, since I have been "zoning" impact of caffeine seems to have intensified. Is this all in my head?

Anonymous said...

I was wondering how the zone works if I eat a non-zone friendly meal for lunch. Do I skip a snack and/or dinner?

michele said...

Len-
I am in the same boat as far as coffee goes. I have one cup a day and have learned to cut out the sugar, but I still take cream. Just count it in your daily blocks!

Anonymous-
As far as eating out of the zone...the greatest thing about the zone is that you are always one meal away from being back in the zone. If you have a cheat meal, just pick up zoning again at your next snack or meal. You should not skip your snack or next meal because then you will REALLY be out of the zone. Good question!


CrossFit Santa Cruz Central