Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Citrus Broiled Sirloin Steaks



Tonight was a case of, "cooking with whatever ingredients I could find in the cupboards"! I had some steaks that I thawed... but that was it! What to do, what to do!? This part is oh so fun and challenging. These are the nights when I keep my fingers crossed that I'll actually have something to post on the blog! I am very relieved and happy to report that not only did this recipe work out well... it was VERY delicious and really simple! A recipe keeper! Hope you give it a try. Enjoy! :-)

Ingredients:
2 T lime juice
1 tsp. onion powder
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. organic stone ground mustard
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1/4 tsp. black pepper
4 boneless beef sirloin steaks (about 4 oz each)
1 C mushrooms, thinly sliced

Trim visible fat from steaks. In a small bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients. Rub over both sides of steaks. Let sit for about 5-10 minutes. Broil steak for about 7 minutes (about 4-5 inches from heat). Turn steaks over, and top with mushrooms. Broil for another 7 minutes. That's it!
This was really delicious... wow ! We served our steaks with some sliced sweet potato, steamed asparagus and salad. Everyone enjoyed this tonight... (taste buds ranging anywhere from 11 years to 46 years). We highly recommend!!! :-)

No comments:


CrossFit Santa Cruz Central