Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Grilled Pork Chops With Apricot Glaze

Hope you had a great Tuesday! It was fun focusing on the split jerk today! I even managed to squeak out a small PR! Then, a little trip to Lululemons! (A day can NOT get much better than that!) And then...top it off with a nice dinner! But wait... I can't taste it!!! This darn head cold is trying to get the best of me! So I "think" dinner was yummy tonight, and post worthy. Even though I have lost some of my sense of taste, but the family gave me the big "thumbs up"! So... here you go... I hope you enjoy! :-)

Recipe:
8 smallish port loin chops, about 1 inch thick, trimmed of all visible fat

Spice rub:
1 T paprika
1 T garlic powder
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. ground black pepper
Apricot glaze:

about 1/2 C 100% apricot preserve (all fruit, no sugar)
2 T brandy
1 T dry mustard
Juice of 1 lemon.

Mix spice ingredients together, and generously rub on both sides of pork chops. Grill pork chops over medium high heat, until well browned, about 3-4 minutes on each side. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Move chops to a baking dish. Heat glaze ingredients in a sauce pan over medium heat, and set aside. Brush glaze ingredients, liberally, on both sides of pork chops and bake just until internal temperature reaches 175 degrees (about 8-10 more minutes).
We served this with a side salad and some sauteed spinach. Hope you enjoy this sweet treat! :-)




No comments:


CrossFit Santa Cruz Central