Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Simple Spiced Rubbed Pork Chops

I get asked a lot for simple, quick recipes! This is one of my family's favorites! It has minimal ingredients, is very low maintenance, but has such great flavor! Simple and satisfying!
I pan fried these pork chops in my 'trusty' (favorite) cast iron skillet, but I bet they would be great grilled, too. By the way.... if you try out any of my recipes and tweak them, improve them, modify them, etc. I would love to hear about it!

Recipe:
6 smallish pork chops, trimmed of all visible fat (about 1 inch thick)
2 T olive oil
Rub:
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. ground coriander
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
1/4 tsp. sea salt (optional)
~mix well!

Rub spiced ingredients into trimmed pork chops. And let sit for 10 minutes. Heat olive oil in skillet at medium-high heat. Brown pork chops for about 5 minutes on each side (internal temperature of 165). That's it! Grab a napkin an enjoy!
I served this with sliced sweet potatoes, and sauteed spinach (I made A LOT of spinach, to accompany the leftover pork chops... LUNCHES!)

Paleo meals truly DO NOT have to be difficult or time consuming to taste great!
Hope you enjoy! :-)

3 comments:

Trixie said...

Hey Kelly,
I used to work out after eating Breakfast,but I have a new work schedule and have to go very early..like 6am to Crossfit. Is it ok to go on an empty stomach??

Kelly Greco said...

Hi Trixie,
6am is pretty early! I think it's okay to exercise first. I would at least make sure you're hydrated. Get up and have a big glass of water, CrossFit, and then enjoy a heathly breakfast! :-)

Trixie said...

Okay,thanks for the tip regarding water..good idea!


CrossFit Santa Cruz Central