Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Always Reliable...Chicken Salad!

We just got back from camping and our cupboards are bare! We had a lot of chicken breasts in the freezer, so we decided on a chicken salad for dinner. This was also a great opportunity to grill extra chicken for lunches!

Combine all rub ingredients with a mortar and pestle.
Rub recipe for grilled chicken:
Celery seed, mustard seed, fennel seed, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and pepper.
I also added some organic no-salt seasoning and just a dash of cayenne pepper.
Rub on chicken breasts and grill. Slice chicken into 3oz servings and place on salad! Salad was only lettuce, tomatoes, avocado and chicken! I guess I better go shopping....
I simply use a little rice vinegar as dressing, but you could use your dressing of choice. This is VERY simple and quick, but as I said, having extra grilled chicken in the house is a lifesaver for lunches!!!

No comments:


CrossFit Santa Cruz Central