Monday, July 20, 2009

Cube Steak... who knew?


Hello! I am very excited to be posting on this site. I have been dedicated to the zone philosophy for about a year now. This site has been an incredible resource for information and recipes. Michele has been instrumental in encouraging my success in the gym, as my trainer, and as a motivating source for establishing healthy and performance enhancing practices with my diet! Thank you, so much!!!!
I hope to continue posting valuable information that may help with nutrition and exercise success, as well as interesting and new recipes. Recently, I have been dabbling with paleo/zone recipes, and have been really pleased with the outcome.
I bought a cube steak, because it's... well, cheap! I wondered what do do with it?? This is what happened, and it was really good!

Recipe: Cube Steak
3 - 4oz pieces cube steak
1/4 cub almonds (blend in food processor until fairly fine)
pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning and other spices of your choice!
1 T olive oil

Coat steaks with almond and spice mixture
Heat oil and brown steaks for about 3-5 minutes on each side.
Serve with choice of vegetable and salad!

5 comments:

michele said...

Yeah Kelly! I am so excited to follow your stuff on the site! Your first one looks really good...keep em' coming!

SavvyFitChica said...

Mmm... looks good! We'll have to try it! We "stolen" meatloaf and the steak & broccoli slaw recipes from the website and loved them both. Thank you for sharing your ideas and recipes!

Katie A. said...

Love the simplicity of this recipe. I'm going to serve it up tonight. Thanks Kelly!

Kelly Greco said...

Thanks, Katie! Let me know what you think??

Kelly from CrossFit Decatur, GA said...

Hi, Kelly! This recipe ROCKS! Made it earlier this week. I've printed down a bunch of your others, as well, and can't wait to try! Thank you! I have always enjoyed this blog and am grateful that you are continuing the recipe sharing!


CrossFit Santa Cruz Central