Sunday, September 14, 2008

Back in the Saddle

After a good day of cheating, this was a good choice to get back to the Zone. I love soup because you can add pretty much any veggies you have around and it will taste great. The base of this soup is organic chicken broth. Added chopped grilled chicken, celery, carrots, zucchini, parsnips, onion, salt and pepper. I am figuring that a bowl would be about 3 blocks, but it is hard to measure exactly with soup. You will need to add fat to balance this out, so either grab some nuts or cut your portion size and have this with salad. Post thoughts to comments.

3 comments:

M said...

This screams "AVOCADO" to me! I love spicy food and especially spicy soup topped w/ cool, creamy avocado!

I can't wait for cooler weather so I can eat soup every day!

M (CFSD)

Anonymous said...

I agree "M" a couple of tablespoons of HOT sauce makes any soup better. I find the best part of making a BIG pot of soup is that I can feed off it for days and it just seems to get better and better.

michele said...

I am all for the hot sauce...but you all know how I feel about the "A" word...yuck! Sorry guys!


CrossFit Santa Cruz Central