Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Pecan Crusted Chicken

I found this to be a little bit salty...but if you are craving salt as many Zoner's do...leave the recipe as is. If not I would omit the salt in the recipe. Otherwise, it was pretty tasty and quick!
Mix: 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp sage, 1/4 tsp black pepper, 1/4 cup of chopped pecan pieces and mix well. Place chicken breasts (I cut mine into pieces) in bowl and drizzle with Worcestershire sauce for about 15 minutes. Coat each piece of chicken with the nut mixture. Heat 2 TB olive oil in a pan over med- high heat and cook chicken pieces until golden. Pour 1/2 cup chicken broth and simmer for about 10 minutes or until cooked through.
Pecan Crusted Chicken- (3 blocks)
3 oz chicken (3 blocks protein/ 3 blocks fat with nuts and oil)
2 cups green beans (1 1/2 blocks carbs)
1 whole pita cut into slices and toasted (2 blocks carbs)
Post thoughts to comments.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

YUMMY!!!!! I'm making that tomorrow night!

Unknown said...

Making this one at the firehouse tonight. Can't wait!!!

michele said...

Let me know what you think guys!

Anonymous said...

I made this a couple nights ago and was a hit in my family. Super easy and great the next day for lunch! Thank you so much for all the recipes! When I fall out of the zone I love to have this here to help get back on track. Lately I have been falling off alot....what happened to the idea of a zone challenge?

Anonymous said...

I tried this the other night, and it was really good! I changed it up a bit and crushed the pecans finer making it more a "breading". Still really great, and the leftovers were amazing!


CrossFit Santa Cruz Central