Friday, September 12, 2008

Pork Cutlets

This is another family favorite in my house. I put it with applesauce because sometimes I just get tired of salad. However, salad would be a great side with this as well...(just giving you some options). The breadcrumbs are made of: 1 pita pocket, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, 1/2 TB garlic powder, salt and pepper. Blend the pita in a blender to make crumbs and add the rest of the ingredients. I sliced a pork loin roast into cutlets and dipped each slice into, first whole wheat flour, then beaten eggs and finally the crumbs. Heat a pan with 2 TB olive oil and cook each slice until golden brown. Transfer pieces to a cooking sheet and bake at 35o degrees for 20-25 minutes.
Pork Cutlets- 3 blocks
3 oz pork (3 blocks protein/ 2 blocks fat/1/2 block carb)
2 cups broccoli and cauliflower mixed (1/2 block carbs)
1 cup applesauce (2 blocks carb)
Post thoughts to comments.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Michele,

Not sure if you will still see these old comments, but I have made this recipe twice now and this is the BEST pork recipe I've made in a long time. Both times, the pork was so tender!!

thanks!!!


CrossFit Santa Cruz Central