Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Cocao Nib Pork Chops

I got this very yummy recipe from a fellow Paleo CrossFit blogger! It is VERY delicious! I've made it a couple times already, and felt I should share this wonderful recipe and give some much deserved credit to the creator, Steve! (Check out his link, "Paleo-Zone", on the right)... Good stuff... Thanks, Steve! :)
I altered this recipe just enough to serve four!

4-4oz pork chops, trim all visible fat
2 1/2 T raw cocao nibs
2 eggs (probably could have used just one)
2 T olive oil
1/2 butternut squash, cubed
1/2 C mango (I used frozen mango pieces from TJ's)
2 T agave nectar
tsp. cinnamon
handful spinach!

Trim fat from pork chops, and pound slightly. Beat egg, and dip pork chops in egg. Sprinkle both sides with cocao nibs. Start the squash first. Heat 2 tsp olive oil and cook squash on medium temp, after about 5 minutes add agave nectar and mango, cook about 5 minutes more, sprinkle with cinnamon. I covered the squash to help the cooking process. It's done when you can pierce it with a fork. On a separate burner, heat 4 tsp. olive oil. Brown pork chops on both sides (about 3-4 minutes on each side). Steve says to keep these pork chops simple... avoid any temptations to add additional seasonings! I agree... the cocao nibs add such a wonderful nutty flavor, so perfect on their own! When the squash is done, serve on top of raw spinach (it is like pumpkin pie filling). This is another favorite recipe! I seriously wanted to lick my plate clean!
I hope you enjoy it as much as I did... and thank you Steve for this wonderful creation!
This is about a 5 block, paleo-zone meal.






2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks Steve!

Steve Parsoneault said...

Hey Kelly :-) Thanks for all your posts too! It's really fantastic that we're getting this accumulation of paleo recipes. Just makes this lifestyle that much easier and interesting. I'm trying your spaghetti squash soon!

Steve


CrossFit Santa Cruz Central