Thursday, October 1, 2009

Paleo Peacan Cookies





I baked cookies today. Just another symptom of Fall weather! So... this was my first attempt at Paleo cookies... and they were pretty good. I was really happy with them, but I will definitely keep at it, because there are so many options out there!

Ingredients:
1 C almond meal (purchased at Trader Joe's)
1 C ground pecans (I ground them myself in a mini-food processor)
1/4 C raw cocoa nibs (purchased at Staff of Life)
1/2 C shredded coconut
1/4 C Goji berries (also purchased at Staff of Life... I've seen them at Whole Foods, too)
1/2 C dried apricots (about 10, finely chopped)
1 tsp. cinnamon
6 T agave nectar

Combine all ingredients (except agave nectar) and mix well. Then slowly add the agave nectar. The mixture will look a little crumbly, that's okay. You'll have to use your hands to form balls with about one T of dough. Place on cookie sheet (spray cookie sheet with oil to prevent sticking). Flatten each cookie slightly before baking. Cook at 350 degrees for 15-17 minutes. Makes 21-24 cookies. Scott gave them 2 thumbs up! Hope you enjoy....
Zone information per cookie:
2 blocks fat, .5 blocks protein, 1 block carb.


11 comments:

neile said...

Those look great, Kelly! Can't wait to test them out. Also, that pot roast, wow! That looked/sounded so good. I have to check and see if M has a crock pot. And, lastly, I made your chicken cacciatore recipe from a few weeks ago and it is GOOD! HIGHLY recommend. Great for lunch left overs too.

Anonymous said...

Adjust your recipe. Twenty one cookies is not enough!

Kelly Greco said...

Ok, Scott !!
Next time I'll double... promise. :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome! They stuck together without egg?

Thanks for posting Zone info along with your Paleo recipes.

I wish we had a Trader Joe's in Utah. They do not exist here!

Kelly Greco said...

They do stick together without eggs! The nuts make it a little paste like and the agave nectar is sticky. It still doesn't really look like much until you squeeze it on your hands to form the cookie! But they work! :)

Anonymous said...

Three. I got three out of twenty-one cookies! She promises to make more, but that won't happen. Only three.

Unknown said...

The cookie (I only got 1 AND I shared it) you gave me was so tasty. I shared it with another mom, and then bragged about you a whole lot. Thank you!

neile said...

Yum! I just made these tonight. I didn't have the berries, so I used extra apricots and used SharffenBerger (ahhhhh) cocoa power instead. They came out great. Wishing I had doubled... Thanks Kelly!

Laurel said...

I did double ,had no apricot so extra dried cherries ...tried adding 1/2 cup egg whites and spread across cookie sheet to make bars .. will have the verdict in about 20 mins :)

Laurel said...

very fine , great or packing in lunches

Laurel said...

vey fine , will be great for lunches.


CrossFit Santa Cruz Central