Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Stock Benefits

I hope you're not too burn out on the crock pot recipes. I just HAD to make soup today. #1. I had wonderful leftover stock from yesterday's dinner and #2. It was raining cats and dogs outside, school was cancelled, and I was stuck at home. #3. Everyone knows soup is comfort food!

Paleo Chicken Soup:

I started it with the left over stock and chicken from last night's dinner. I had to add more stock... about 32 oz. low sodium chicken stock... and I added more water, too (as needed to fill the pot).
Veggies:
1 C carrots, chopped
1 1/2 C celery, diced
1 sweet potato, cubed
1 15oz can diced tomatoes, no added salt
I sauteed these next vegetable first in 1 tsp. olive oil before adding to pot:
1 red pepper, diced
1 yellow onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
also add:
3 skinless boneless chicken breasts, trimmed... just put them in!
2 bay leaves
fresh ground pepper
That's it! I cooked on high for 2-3 hours (and hoped the power wouldn't go out). I then turned it on low for another 2-3 hours. I used a couple forks to shred the chicken pieces, while in the pot, before serving. Enjoy... and I hope this will give you some comfort and keep you cozy! :)

No comments:


CrossFit Santa Cruz Central