Thursday, October 29, 2009

Honey Baked Cod

In honor of today's WOD, "The Bear"... I served fish tonight! Bear love fish, right? And honey? (or is that just Pooh Bear?). Anyway, I definitely needed some solid protein and omega 3's to help the recovery process!!! Ouch, my shoulders! :)
This recipe was really simple and really good, and really Paleo.

2 cod filets (about 8oz each)
1 T olive oil
4 T honey
1/4 C finely chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Add oil to baking dish and heat the dish. When hot (about 5 minutes), remove from oven and add fish filets. Scatter the pecans evenly over the filets and Drizzle the honey over the top. Place the fish back in the oven ad cook for 10 minutes. When done, cut the filets in half for 4-4oz servings... Zone blocks: 3F, 4P, 2C

I balanced out this meal with 1 1/2 C sauteed spinach (1 tsp olive oil, 2 cloves garlic, 1/4 onion, diced) ... and a side salad!
The sweetness in this meal felt like a nice treat! Hope you enjoy...

5 comments:

Brian said...

Is there a paleo challenge mtg this Sunday 11/1 at 12:30

Kelly Greco said...

Sorry Brian, I neglected to post anything on it!! Is it really November already?? We're going to have our meeting/check-in on November 8th at 12:30! Thanks for the heads-up!! :-)

SavvyFitChica said...

we had this recipe last night except with chicken instead of cod- my husband doesn't really enjoy seafood, but I can get him to eat salmon.

I really liked it and you're right- the honey and nuts are a perfect sweet treat!

Kelly Greco said...

Kelsalynn, glad you liked it! And glad you tried it with chicken! That does sound good! :-)
Last night my husband suggested trying the chicken florentine with pork chops... That would work, too.

Anonymous said...

I tried this tonight for dinner and it was great! Thank you!


CrossFit Santa Cruz Central