Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Coconut Curry Chicken

I didn't really have a plan for dinner.... Eeeek. I just knew I had to do something with chicken. So I surveyed my pantry and came up with this! It was spicy, creamy and pretty yummy! Hope you enjoy!
I used about about 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts. I pounded slightly. (they were not large breasts to begin with... maybe only 3-4 oz each).
1/4 C almond meal
1/4 C coconut, unsweetened, finely ground
1 T curry powder
1 tsp. ground pepper
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. ground dry mustard
4 tsp. olive oil
1/2 sweet yellow onion, sliced
1/4 C chicken broth (low sodium)
2 oz. LF coconut milk
1 bag broccoli slaw

Combine all dry ingredients in a shallow dish. Rinse chicken and pound slightly. Dredge chicken in dry ingredients (save leftover dry ingredients). Heat 3 T olive oil in non-stick fry pan, and brown chicken breasts (about 3-4 minutes on each side), then transfer chicken to baking pan. In frying pan, add onion and sauté. Add chicken broth to onions and continue to saute and deglaze pan. Add remainder of the dry ingredients (whatever is left), and coconut milk. Stir ingredients at lower heat until mixture is creamy and starts to thicken. Then poor over chicken breasts and bake in oven at 350 degrees, covered, for about 15 minutes. I served it on a bed of broccoli slaw, sautéed in 1 tsp. olive oil.
I thought the fat was going to be a little high on this meal, but when I calculated it out, it ended up not being too bad at all!!! This meal was only 3 1/2 blocks!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good Stuff! Just had it for supper!
Thanks

Blogger said...

3 Researches SHOW How Coconut Oil Kills Fat.

This means that you literally kill fat by eating coconut fats (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

These 3 studies from large medical magazines are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world upside down!


CrossFit Santa Cruz Central