Friday, January 30, 2009

White Bean and Grilled Chicken Soup

I made this soup a few weeks ago with prosciutto (what the recipe called for) but I wanted to go with a leaner meat this time. I tend to want a little more flavor in my soup, so I may try spicy turkey sausage next time. However, this is a really good basic soup. To make: heat 1 TB olive oil in a large pot and add 1/2 chopped yellow onion, 2 cloves garlic, 2 sliced celery stalks, and 1 large carrot sliced into pot. Saute until onion is translucent and add 1 cup water, 1 can (16 oz) of chicken broth, 2 can cannellini beans (undrained), 12 oz pre-grilled chicken cut into small pieces, 2 bay leaves, salt and black pepper to taste. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to let simmer for about 35-40 minutes. I figure each pot makes about four 3 block servings. You will need to add fat to balance unless you use turkey sausage. Post thoughts to comments.

No comments:


CrossFit Santa Cruz Central