Sunday, July 20, 2008

Chicken Cacciatore

This recipe could be easily done in the crock pot and left to cook all day. I simmered it stove top for about 2 1/2 hours and it turned out good as well. The traditional form of Chicken Cacciatore is served over rice. I put it over broccoli slaw that was sauteed in some of the Cacciatore sauce. You could eat it by itself as well.
Chicken Cacciatore- 3 blocks
3 chicken breasts- (shred into 3 block portion of protein)
1 can Italian stewed tomatoes- (negligible on all markers)
1 green bell pepper sliced- (1/2 block carb)
1 red bell pepper- (1/2 block carb)
2 cups broccoli slaw sauteed with sauce from Cacciatore- (1 block carb)
Combine first 4 ingredients and simmer for 2-3 hours on low.
Mixed green salad with kidney beans, nuts and olive oil vinaigrette-(1 block carb/ 3 blocks fat)


Katels said...

Wow, that looks really easy and delicious. Thank you! I think I will break out the crock pot this week and give it a try.

Anonymous said...

OK Skip I, too, am a cheater. Today I was on my normal morning "Zone" routine until my Pastry Chef at our bakery made Chocolate Chip Pound Cake to sample. It tasted amazing, but I think I am still buzzed from the sugar high/insulin spike! (I always knew I was a cheap date) What goes up, must come down...
I just wanted to let you know you are not alone out there!!!!

I'll check in later as I am dozing off at work right now.


KatieGirlBlue said...

What's broccoli slaw? I'm intrigued; would you share the recipe?


michele said...

You can buy prepackaged broccoli slaw at most grocery stores. It is generally in the salad section. It is broccoli stalks and carrots that have been shredded into a "slaw". Really good stuff and you can use it for a variety of recipes.. Great zone staple!

KatieGirlBlue said...

Awesome! Thanks, Michele! I'll look more closely in the bagged veggies section!

CrossFit Santa Cruz Central