Thursday, July 31, 2008

Dijon Chicken with Spinach

If you like Dijon mustard you will love this recipe! I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts and cut them into large strips to sautee. Cook the chicken in 1 tsp olive oil until brown on both sides. Add 1/4 cup water and cook for 10 minutes on low heat. Remove chicken and cover to keep warm. Add another 1/4 cup water to pan, as well as 2 cloves garlic finely minced, 2 TB Dijon mustard, 2 tsp rice vinegar. Bring to boil and simmer for about 3-4 minutes. In a separate bowl mix 4 cups spinach leaves, 5 large croutons crumbled and sliced almonds. Place spinach on plate and put chicken on top. Drizzle with mustard sauce and serve.
Dijon Mustard Chicken- Two 3 block servings.
3 oz chicken (3 blocks protein/ 1 block fat)
2 cups spinach with croutons and almonds (2 blocks carb/ 1 block fat)
Dijon sauce (1 block fat)
I added 1/2 piece of bread to balance out the carbs. Post thoughts to comments.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE dijon... this sounds great! I meant to tell you the bacon caesar wraps were a huge HIT in my house! Keep 'em comin' Michele! xo

Anonymous said...

Hey Michelle,
This site is a god-send! Dwayne and I have our quiver of Zone meals that are simple and easy to make, but we get bored and cheat. You Rock! These meals are simple and delicious. It's inspiring to keep on the Zone. Thank you so much!
Not to make you blush... but you're looking lean, little lady! All your hard work in kitchen & the gym is paying off. Thanks again- you're a huge inspiration.

michele said...

Thanks NJ! I am so happy to hear that people are using the site! Actually it is keeping me focused and VERY honest about the Zone! Thanks for the kind words...always nice to hear my friend!


CrossFit Santa Cruz Central