Thursday, July 3, 2008

Teriyaki Slaw

I was experimenting with broccoli slaw and made this one up as I went along...it turned out pretty good! I sauteed the broccoli slaw in 1 tablespoon of teriyaki to add flavor and put the marinated chicken on top.
Teriyaki Chicken and Slaw- 3 blocks
3 oz teriyaki grilled chicken cut into strips (3 blocks protein)
2 cups broccoli slaw (1 block carb)
1 toasted pita cut into wedges (2 blocks carb)
2 tablespoons hummus (1 block fat)
6 cashews (2 blocks fat)
Post thoughts to comments.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting! I have two bags of the slaw in my refrigerator, plus all of those other ingrediants, will have to check this out! Wow! However, being that it is the 4th of July, I am writing today off as a Zone free day!

Anonymous said...

Teriyaki slaw was yummy! Keep'em coming Michele!

Anonymous said...

What is broccoli slaw? Is it prepackaged? And where do I get it? or how do I make it? Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I've purchased it pre-packaged at both Trader Joes and Safeway. Good stuff!


CrossFit Santa Cruz Central