Thursday, August 27, 2009

Grilled Tuna Patties for Lunch!

This was our post-Helen lunch! Once I was capable of driving home, and the sick feeling in my stomach went away, I realized I was hungry! With the husband home for the day, it seemed like the perfect opportunity to try out these tuna patties. I thought they were really good!

Ingredients:
1 7oz can solid white albacore tuna packed in water, thoroughly drained
2 egg whites
1 cup grated zucchini
1 clove minced garlic
2 T chopped fresh parsley
pepper
celery salt (optional)
paprika
1-2 tsp. olive oil

Combine tuna, egg whites, zucchini, garlic, parsley, pepper and celery salt. Mix well and form into two patties. There will be a little liquid left over, and the patties will be kind of loose... that's okay. Heat olive oil in a non-stick pan. Grill tuna patties on medium heat until brown. Gently flip patties to brown the other side. I added a little more oil to prevent sticking. Sprinkle with paprika for added color. I served them on a bed of romaine lettuce leaves and with a side of cantaloupe. Yummy!

*Zone/Paleo Challenge Information Meeting!!! This Sunday @ 12:30 pm. Please email Michele Mootz if you plan on attending! Get some helpful tips on getting started!!!

4 comments:

The White Rabbit said...

Awesome recipe, Kelly, thanks! Will definitely be trying this out soon!

Unknown said...

Could you swap salmon vs tuna for this?

Kelly Greco said...

Chuck, I don't see why not? You could even change up the spices a little... use fresh dill and lemon pepper? Try it... let me know!

Unknown said...

Oh man. I tried this tonight I love it. I am single so I am very excited to have the other patty for lunch tomorrow. Maybe with the celery salad... Also I am excited to try quite a few other reciepes. Great blog. Thank you!


CrossFit Santa Cruz Central