Monday, August 3, 2009

Seared Scallops with Cilantro & Parsley Pesto

I am all about easy recipes! I especially like easy recipes that "sound" really difficult and gourmet! This is one of those recipes. Making the pesto is a little time consuming, but not too bad.
Pesto:
1 1/2 C chopped cilantro
1/2 C parsley
1/2 C pine nuts
1/2 C olive oil
2 cloves garlic
1 tsp. lemon juice
Puree in food processor, season with some pepper. Set aside.
1 lb. scallops, sprinkle both sides with cumin and a little cayenne pepper
Heat pan with 1 tsp. olive oil. Cook scallops 2-3 min. on each side (until firm and opaque in center). Serving size is roughly 5 scallops. I served with a side of sauteed spinach. Put a dollop of pesto on each scallop and enjoy! I also had a glass of white wine with this meal... had to! It was Sunday night and I needed an extra carb. block. :) This is about a 4 block meal. Good news... there was quite a bit of pesto left over, which I put on a fresh tomato as a snack the next day. Yum!

2 comments:

Madeline said...

Kelly, these scallops look beautiful! I'm freshly on the Zone and am having a lot of fun playing with food:)

Kelly Greco said...

Thanks Madeline!!! Welcome to the Zone! :)


CrossFit Santa Cruz Central