Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tequila Lime Shrimp

Well, my husband was at the Giants game, my kids were invited to the neighbors for pizza, so I was on my own for dinner. In this situation I always crave shrimp! It's just so easy to take the exact amount out from the freezer... it's quick... and it's delicious. I buy the 2 lb. raw, tail on, jumbo shrimp from Costco. It's a household staple!

7 shrimp
2 cloves garlic
2 T chopped cilantro
juice from 1/2 lime
splash Tequila

I sauteed garlic and chopped cilantro in olive oil, then added the shrimp and cooked until pink. Then I squeezed lime juice over the top and stirred. Just before serving, I added a splash of Tequila. This is 2 blocks protein and fat... so, I had a salad with it to balance it out. It was very tasty!

~ Zone/Paleo challenge starting soon! Check out the official Zone site for some information on getting started on the zone. Check out Robb Wolf's site for some great Paleo and gluten free information. Another great site for information on the Paleo diets is: http://www.thepaleodiet.com/


1 comment:

Blogger said...

Having Trouble STICKING with your Paleo Diet?

Want to munch on healthy tasty recipes as soon as TONIGHT?

Get your amazing Paleo Hacks Cookbook.


CrossFit Santa Cruz Central