Friday, December 26, 2008

Chicken, Apple, Pecan Salad

After eating more than my share of "un-Zoned" delights over the last couple days, it is nice to get back on track. This salad is heavy enough to be a meal, but light enough to be a nice break from the holiday fare. I added chicken pieces sauteed in garlic, salt and pepper to a salad with: mixed greens, 1/4 cup kidney beans, 1 TB Gorgonzola cheese, 4 croutons broken into crumbs, 9 pecans broken into pieces. Olive oil and balsamic vinegar dressing to coat. Post thoughts to comments. Makes 2 three block servings.

4 comments:

michele said...

I think I forgot to add the apple to the recipe...I added one whole apple cut into pieces...

Trixie said...

Hi Michele,
I just found this blog and I love it! So many great recipes and ideas. Does it get easier after a while trying to figure how to make a meal "zone friendly"?

michele said...

Trixie-
It gets much easier to Zone a meal after you practice some. I am happy to hear you like the site and let me know if you ever have any questions...I will do what I can to help.

Happy New Year
Michele

Trixie said...

Hey Michele,
That's good to know,because it looks a bit hard to grasp. Could you recommend some books to get me started. BTW Your meals look so yummy!


CrossFit Santa Cruz Central