Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Spicy Mango Shrimp

This recipe was forwarded to me by CFSCC's Kelly Greco. She has been zoning since starting Crossfit and seen amazing results. I adjusted a couple amounts of ingredients to make it balanced, but the taste should be the same.
Spicy Mango Shrimp: Heat 1 tsp olive oil over medium heat and saute, 3 cloves garlic, 1-2 sliced jalapeno peppers (depending upon how spicy you like things), 1 red bell pepper sliced. Cook for 2-3 minutes and add 24 large shrimp (frozen are fine). Add 2 cups sliced mango and 2 TB diced cilantro. Serve over bed of broccoli slaw or cabbage. This recipe makes approximately four 3 block servings. (fat from the olive oil in shrimp and broccoli slaw)
Thanks for the great recipe Kelly! Post thoughts to comments.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

YUM!!! YUM!!! YUM!!! Thanks so much.
Merry Christmas! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Nice... a sweet and spicy twist!
Here is a variation that I have been enjoying lately:
I have been making the bag of broccoli slaw, sauteing it in a pan with 1 can of water chestnuts ( TJ's) (total 2 C blks) 1 Tb of soy sauce, 1 Tb rice vinegar and 1 Tb of Almond butter (3 fat blks) (or peanut butter). Then in another pan cook up 4 oz of shrimp (3 P blks) on med heat (I am in love with the Argentinian frozen shrimp from TJ's. If you like lobster they taste like it. really. just don't over cook) Then add the shrimp to the mix to finish cooking stir it up and serve! Makes a 3 block meal after I enjoy a block of apple sauce for desert. Sort of a thai shrimp version.
Do we realize we can eat the whole bag of broccoli slaw for 1 block? I do!!!! A lot of volume, but if you are trying for 11, 12 block days you are no doubt hungry and appreciate volume like I do. Yay for the broccoli slaw!!

mrjwhit~ said...

Looks, sounds yummy. I am on my way to the supermarket now. Thanks

Anonymous said...

Scott, you really need to clean your grout! Kelly, you are an amazing little gal. I love ya!

Diablo DD said...

I'm new to blogging and also this sight....I first want to say THANK YOU for posting your awesome ideas on great zone recipes. In particular...the Argentinian Shrimp from TJ's was so incredibly awesome! I ran straight to TJ's to try it out and OH MY GOD!! You were NOT kiddng! My husband and I really enjoyed that and I just had to stop and send out a BIG THANK YOU!!!!


CrossFit Santa Cruz Central